Saturday, January 16, 2016

A day in the life of a Math Coach

Thursday, January 14th 2016
5:00am :The first alarm goes off.
5:15am: The second alarm goes off.
5:30am: The third alarm goes off.
I'm not a morning person so I need multiple alarms.
6:00am: A beautiful little girl shakes me and say's momma you need to get up.

Thank goodness for her!
My alarm well, honestly, 5 alarms (my fitbit alarm went off and my alarm went off again at 6) didn't and usually don't work.  I am a determined person I can hit snooze in my sleep.

I final get out of bed and do the regular morning stuff, I make coffee.....Priorities!

Then I do the stuff we all gotta do to get to work; feed the dogs, get kid ready, breakfast,

7:50am: Finally grab all my stuff and take my kiddo to school.

8:00am: I drop Saige off at school and I drive to work check my email well, I glance at them to see if there is anything urgent.
8:15am: Meet with a teacher about an inequalities task we talked about the day before.  Her students were having a little trouble understanding that they would have more than one answer for inequalities and how to graph them.
8:45am: She had first period prep so I went to my little office at the school site and answered emails I glanced at first thing in the morning and looked at what task we could work on next. Her students were struggle with solving inequalities and she mention they struggled solving equations too.
9:50am: Demo lesson in a 7th grade math class. An inequality task from math projects journal
10:48am: Demo lesson in a 7th grade math class. an inequality task from math projects journal
11:47am: lunch time, I go back to my little office reflect and check emails.
12:23pm: The teacher I am working with has an elective class for computers so I go check in with another teacher.  I just hang out in her class walking around and talking with the students in regards to their work with the Pythagorean theorem.
1:22pm: co-teach the 7th grade task on inequalities.  I had to leave by 1:50 to head to our district office for a meeting.
2:00pm: meeting with other k-12 math coaches to get things ready for our LCAP meeting at 4pm. We spent this time discussing the layout of our meeting and getting copies of data ready to share with the committee members.
4:00-6:00pm LCAP meeting at our district office with community members. The district math coaches were there to answer questions for the LCAP committee about how we have implemented the LCAP plan this school year and see if we will maintain the program, expand, eliminate, or down size.
6:15pm: Home! I start getting things ready for the task we will be working on for tomorrow again another task from math projects journal. This time a task on equations to help with solving equations and inequalities.
8:00pm: Finally, I get to lay down and read with my daughter and we fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment